Criminal Court

General Information

The Criminal Division files, processes and maintains criminal records of felonies, misdemeanors and infractions. The Division maintains an index of filings and records of criminal dispositions. A criminal case begins when a person suspected of a crime is indicted by a grand jury or a prosecutor (district attorney) files formal charges (complaint) with the Superior Court. In all criminal cases, the defendant (person accused of a crime) is presumed innocent.

Please note that all Driving under the Influence (DUI) charges are filed with the Criminal Division.

Clerk’s Office Expansion of Services


Fairfield Phone: (707) 207-7380

Vallejo Phone: (707) 561-7880

Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM (Phone)

Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Drop-in)

Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Appointment)

Collection Agency - G.C. Services English: (800) 727-5848

Collection Agency - G.C. Services Español: (800) 616-6007

Hours: Mon - Thu/Fri/Sat: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM/8:00 AM - 6:00 PM/8:00 AM - 12:00 PM

phone and visiting hours exclude court holidays | holiday schedule

Fairfield Branch:
Law and Justice Center
530 Union Ave,
Fairfield CA 94533
Vallejo Branch:
Solano Justice Building
321 Tuolumne St,
Vallejo CA 94590

phone and visiting hours exclude court holidays | holiday schedule

  • Proper identification (driver’s license, passport, other picture identification)
  • Copy of citation
  • Notice of Hearing
  • Bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.
  • Jail release paperwork
  • Any documents which prove that you have complied with the judicial orders and/or sentencing
  • Cash, personal check, or postal money order to pay for fines and fees

When you appear for your first court date, which is usually your arraignment hearing, you may ask the Judge to appoint a Public Defender to represent you. The Court will make a determination at that time if you are eligible to receive services from the Public Defender’s Office.

You may access the Court’s website at and search in CourtConnect by your name, or you may contact the Clerk’s office in person, or by telephone to obtain this information

A bench warrant may have been issued for your failure to appear. You may contact the Criminal Clerk’s office by e-mail or telephone between 8:00 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) to inquire about scheduling a new court date. If you are eligible to schedule a new court date, you will be given a new date within two weeks (for misdemeanor cases).

If you posted a bail bond, the bond was forfeited and you will be required to appear with a Reassumption of Liability form obtained through the bond company at the next court hearing date.

You can appear at any law enforcement agency and advise the officer that you have an outstanding bench warrant.

You may also contact the Criminal Clerk’s Office by e-mail or telephone between 8:00 am and 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) to request the court place your matter on calendar (for misdemeanor cases). If your case is eligible to be scheduled, you will be given a new court date.

Please be advised that the bench warrant will remain outstanding until you appear at the scheduled court hearing date.

You can pay for your fines and fees with a credit card by phone or online. You can also pay with a check or money order by mail or in person to the court’s drop box (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.), to either court location; 600 Union Avenue, Fairfield, CA 94533 or 321 Tuolumne Street, Vallejo, CA 94590. Do not deposit cash in the court’s drop box.